Abakus Direct Furniture Ltd ("Abakus Direct", "we" or "us") is committed to protecting your privacy.
- How we use the information we collect about you.
- How you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information.
- The procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
The information we collect and how we use it:
When you register with us we need to know your name, postal address and email address.
We gather this information to allow us to communicate with you about our products and promotions.
In order to purchase on the website, we need to know your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and, if you are paying by card, your debit or credit card number and expiry date.
We gather this information to allow us to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card, to authorise the transaction and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties for these purposes.
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by contacting us on 01612308722 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Contact and communication:
Anybody who contacts the Abakus Direct website or Abakus Direct does so at their own discretion and therefore provide any personal details at their own risk. All personal information received by Abakus Direct is kept private and stored securely until such as time as it is no longer required, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Privacy and our website:
The Abakus Direct website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our website users throughout their time visiting the Abakus Direct website.
All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). No personal details are passed on to third parties or shared with companies / people outside of Abakus Direct Furniture Ltd.
If you do not want your personal computer to accept cookies or want to delete any cookies that are already on your personal computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies in order to delete them or to disable your personal computer from accepting them.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Every effort has been made to ensure that our email submission process is safe and secure. However, users contacting us by email must be advised that they do so at their own risk.
Information submitted to Abakus Direct by email is used to answer queries, to subscribe users to our email newsletter programme if appropriate, and to contact you with relevant information. However, we ask for users’ permission when submitting any form to email process. Permission is also required where you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. Abakus Direct respects your user rights regarding email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Communication, engagement and actions taken by Abakus Direct through external social media platforms are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each individual social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. Abakus Direct will never ask customers for personal or sensitive information via social media platforms. If users wish to discuss privacy sensitive details, they are advised to contact Abakus Direct through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
The Abakus Direct website may use social sharing buttons to help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion. Please note that social media platforms may track and save requests to share a web page through your social media platform account.
The Abakus Direct website operates an email newsletter program, informing subscribers about products and services supplied by Abakus Direct. Users subscribe at their own discretion through an online automated process. Some subscriptions may be manually processed after prior written agreement with the user.
- All email subscriptions are in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
- All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- No personal details are passed on to third parties or shared with companies / people outside of Abakus Direct.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you may request a copy of personal information held about you by Abakus Direct email newsletter program.A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the Abakus Direct business address.
- Email marketing campaigns by Abakus Direct may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
- In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will be detailed instead.
- Abakus Direct cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and Abakus Direct cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.